Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Word Up!

The halloween costume hunt is on, and Amy is leaning towards a butterfly or a cow but I want Maggie to be Gene Simmons or a lawn jockey.

$10 for black face paint
$5 for a plastic lantern
$20 for a red and white jockey outfit
The look on your neighbors face when they open the door to a 17 month old dressed as a lawn jockey saying "Trick-O-Treat Mammy"...priceless. Some things money can't buy, for everything else there's Mastercard.

OK, that may be a bit over the line racial acceptability, so I'm guessing that she'll end up being a princess or some frilly shit, which is cool, but not as funny.
---

I seem to get new jobs in the fall which coincides with my birthday and halloween, two things that are awkward to celebrate with new people. When I was in Nashville I had just started this gig at a copier company and they had people wear costumes for Halloween. Of course I went to work dressed as Alex from A Clockwork Orange. However, the jock needed some sprucing up, ala Cameo, so I decorated it with with red glitter and a bunch of little eyes. Needless to say I was immediately pulled aside and sent home to change. Who would of thunk that long underwear and a bright red jock strap highlighting my package area wouldn't be acceptable in the bible belt. Maybe I should have just gone as Jesus in the latest version of the Village People.


3 comments:

Kristi Campbell said...

told ya i was bored.
love the YMCA ref...

Kristi Campbell said...

PS my 40th GD bday was in Aug and nobody really knew...good and bad as you might guess given they make a huge FD of bdays being as they're freakin' celebratin' twenty-GD-four!!!

Jason C said...

I've been trying to buy a lawn jockey for the house for years and Kelly always shoots me down. Maggie should go for it. It would be a hit at daycare.

PS - I love the YMCA pic - I sent it around my office a few months ago - rockstar - someone left a button on my desk "look busy, Jesus is coming"