Monday, November 10, 2008

Wanna Be a Freak and Sell It on the Weekend

Where do the weekends go? Friday night, I went to Outback and ordered my standard issue meal, the 9 oz. Victoria filet, cooked medium, the French style green beans and a house salad with mustard vinaigrette As usual, it was crazy delicious, but the next thing I know, its Monday morning, time to jump in the shower and head out to work.

To me, weekdays go by like sex minutes. You feel like you’ve been working hard for hours, then you look at the clock and it’s been like nine minutes. Then you get to the weekend and it goes by like a kick ass TV show. What do you mean Entourage is over already, they just got through the opening credits!

I really think that more companies and schools need to consider the four day work week. It would save gas, cut down on traffic and more importantly, allow me to feel like I actually had a weekend. It would also decrease the number of shirt and pant combos that I would need to stock in my closet. I am currently rotating about eight shirts and five pairs of pants, I could easily cut this down to six and four respectively, opening up more room for my kick ass religious apparel collection. Goodbye blue and white striped button downs and hello “Worship the Best or Die like the Rest!” and “His Pain Your Gain!” t-shirts.



Fortunately, I was able to squeeze in a little fun this weekend. I met up with the rest of the funky bunch on Saturday night to appreciate the comedy brain droppings of Mr. Bill Burr. I love comedy clubs, because I usually end up laughing so hard that I look like a pepper spray victim. Tears stream down my face, I can’t catch my breath, and I’m doubled over like I was just gut punched by Glass Joe. Saturday was no exception, at one point I was laughing so hard I had to pause to make sure that I didn’t rupture my spleen. Thank you, Mr. Burr for the 45 minute abs workout.


No comments: