Thursday, March 4, 2010

Take Off to the Great White North

Well, I'm finally back from Vancouver. I was the third guy in the four man bobsled in case you didn't know. As a little kid I used to ride in the laundry basket down the steps and then later in life I fell in love with cuddling up next to three spandex clad guys, so I decided to combine my interests and bobsledding seemed to fit the bill. Ok, ok, that's stories not entirely true, I'll admit it, I never used to ride in the laundry basket.

Speaking of the Olympics and Canada, I think my brother and I were meant to be Canadian. We love hockey, beer, bacon and donuts and we both have that dark sense of humor. By dark sense of humor I mean we like dick and fart jokes, especially when a dead guy is involved. My sense of humor had a lot to do with my childhood love of the movie Strange Brew, which I still quote to this day, although the wife doesn't appreciate my Bob and Doug McKenzie prowess as much as my brother.

Speaking of Strang Brew, in 7th grade apparently I was "gifted" so they asked me to read the morning announcements. Things went well for a few months and then I started interjecting random eh's and Koolookookookoo-koo-koo-koo's in between sports scores and lunch menus and suddenly they stopped asking me to read the morning announcements. My Adrian Cronauer days were over, so I guess being gifted was OK as long as you didn't have a fucking personality to go along with it. Thus began my lifelong struggle with "The Man".

Now if you'll excuse me I need to call my brother, he's a genius he hooked up our stereo eh?



No comments: