Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Week

Super Bowl, Super Tuesday, Souper Salad, and I'm Super thanks for asking. I'll cover these topics in order.


Super Bowl
I arrived at the party, it was just after four in the afternoon and an upset was in the air. I finished my cigarette and glanced at the wife and kid, but just long enough to see them lazily dance off towards the house. I grabbed the two bottles of wine from the car and my liver was screaming for me to crawl into them as soon as possible. Super Bowl XLII. What a spectacle full of sound and fury signifying nothing. Oh well, time to lose the misanthropic facade and engage my fellow party goers with amusing anecdotes and insightful observations. One final breath and the game within the game begins...


Sorry, sometimes my inner cynnical writer jumps out and onto the page. I'll put that old bastard away for now and we can talk turkey. Looks like Mr. Perfect was knocked down a peg, and I can honestly say that I am not sorry that the Jedi Master and young Skywalker failed to get their fourth rings. I'm just glad that the 4th quarter was so good that the first 3 boring ass quarters will be forgotten. Halftime reminded me of something a comedian said years ago about the Traveling Wilburys; "You know your band is ugly when Tom Petty is your best looking member."


Quickly, going over the highlights:
  • Ruffles with French Onion dip...simply amazing! Thanks Dan!!!

  • Watching the game on a 50" plasma tv in HD...simply awesome! Thanks Barbara (for letting Dan get one)!!!

  • Tearing out my intestinal system after eating one of the wife's jalapeno poppers...simply painful! Thanks Amy!!!

  • Arguing for 20 minutes about which is a better adult beverage, beer or wine..simply expected! Thanks Bruce!!!

  • Getting a break from keeping a watchful eye on the drooling knee-biter..simply needed! Thanks Jen!!!
Super Tuesday
I arrived at the polling place, it was just after four in the afternoon and an upset was in the air. I finished my cigarette and glanced at the wife and kid, but just long enough to see them lazily dance off towards the school.


Got ya! Our voting isn't until next week, and it may be all but over by then, but it is looking like a four horse race at this point, with McCain and Romney on the right and Clinton and Obama on the left. I try not to talk politics, (vote Obama) especially after a few glasses of wine (vote Obama), and I would never tell you who to vote for (vote Obama), but regardless of who you are voting for (vote Obama) get out there and vote for someone.


Souper Salad
We used to have these restaurants in Denver, but surprisingly they do not hve any locations in Virginia. Which is actually fine, because I never visited the ones in Denver. I think my favorite salads would be the Caeser salad at Maggianos followed by the house salad at Outback with Mustard Vinagraitte. When I was younger I used to eat a lot of salads with French and Thousand Island dressing, but now those just seem kind of gross. I also used to toss my own salad quite a bit when I was single, but now that I am married I actually like it better when Amy tosses my salad.

I'm Super Thanks for Asking
I just wanted to say that I am indeed super, and I appreciate your inquiry. I am super because Maggie has become a complete joy to have around. I am super because Amy has become a complete joy to have around. I am super because I am a complete joy to be around. I am super because the old man is hooking me with Pens/Caps tix 5 rows behind the bench. I am super because I got a new cell phone and my self worth is tied to buying new gadgets. I am super because my boss is a Jewish carpenter, actually she's an atheist marketing director, but hey that is still super in my book.

Finally, I am super because the Wonder Pets successfully rescued a baby skunk from the rose bush. It was getting willy see wee us, but they came through in the end, despite the annoying bunny that tagged along. Fuck that bunny.

Thank you for taking some time out of your Super week to read my trivial ramblings, and remember: "Hey let's be careful out there."

1 comment:

Jason C said...

http://www.mobiles24.com/downloads/s/6687-3-wonder_pets-the_phone_is_ringing

Do the bottom of the page part and download... The phone, the phone is ringing...